- 2 lbs. boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes, hard fat trimmed and discarded
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for grill grates
- 4 tablespoons Never Not Eating Baharat, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium-size white onion, peeled and root end trimmed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 small white mushrooms, halved lengthwise
- 15 large grape tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 3 Lebanese-style pita rounds
- Pat lamb dry using paper towels, and place in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoons Baharat, and 1 teaspoon salt to lamb; toss until well combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove lamb from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Cut onion in half lengthwise. Slice each half into 1-inch-thick wedges, slicing into only the first 3 or 4 outer layers; reserve remaining onion core for another use. Combine onion wedges, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon Baharat and 1 tablespoon salt in a large bowl; gently toss to coat. Set aside until ready to use.
- Thread about 5 lamb cubes onto each of 10 (8-inch) wooden skewers, making sure to keep at least 1/4 inch of space between cubes to promote even cooking. Thread onion wedges, bell peppers, and mushrooms evenly onto 4 (8-inch) wooden skewers. Thread tomatoes onto 2 (8-inch) wooden skewers. Place lamb skewers on lightly oiled grill grates; grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides and slightly pink in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer grilled lamb skewers to a platter. Place vegetable skewers on lightly oiled grates; grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes for tomato skewers and 10 to 12 minutes for mixed vegetable skewers. Transfer grilled vegetable skewers to platter with lamb.
- Cut each pita in half lengthwise, and split each pita half at the seam. Spread about 3 tablespoons muhammara over each pita piece, and top each with about 1/3 cup grilled lamb, about 1/4 cup grilled vegetables, and about 1/4 cup biwaz. Fold pitas in half, and serve.