- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Baharat
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ pounds ground chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup raw 100% tahini
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and sauté onions until just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, baharat, and salt. Cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Place ground chicken in a medium bowl.
- Add parsley, onions, and garlic and mix to combine.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Roll a portion between the palms of your hands to make a compact ball.
- Flatten the ball into a patty about 1⁄2-inch thick and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining portions.
- Spray tops with cooking spray and bake at 425°F for 9 minutes.
- Flip ktzitzot, spray tops with cooking spray, and bake 9 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Whisk together tahini and lemon juice. Thin to desired consistency with water.
- Drizzle tahini over ktzitzot.
Leave a comment