- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons date syrup
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Za’atar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- Toast of choice
- ¼ to ½ cup feta, crumbled
- Mix together everything from the chickpeas to the date syrup, let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Lightly toast your bread.
- Rub your toast with the garlic and top with the chickpea mix and sprinkle with Za’atar.
- Top with the feta and (optional) broil until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.