- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large English cucumber, diced (or 4 Israeli or Persian style cucumbers)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Sumac S&P
- Never Not Eating Za’atar and salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the rind off of the lemon and slice into fine strips and add to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the bowl, and with the other half remove the pith and chop, adding to the bowl.
- Add the vegetables and herbs and toss well with the olive oil.
- Season with and adjust as needed to your personal taste.
- Serve immediately.