- 5 pounds chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Never Not Eating Shawarma Spice
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 pita, toasted or grilled
- Mix your spices with your olive oil and coat your chicken well, marinate overnight.
- You can grill or bake your chicken, preheat your oven to 400 or your grill to medium high.
- Cook the chicken, if in the oven this should take about 45 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool so you can handle it, and remove it from the bone, chop it and mix well. At this point you can add some more seasoning if you like.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat add some oil, and cook your onions until golden and remove.
- Add some more oil to coat the pan and add your chicken searing it over a high heat until crispy.
- Serve with fresh pita and all the trimmings.