- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk (see below)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Sumac S&P
- 3/4 to 1 cup minced parsley
Heat the butter in a small pot over medium heat. When it's melted and hot, stir in the flour and cook, stirring often, until it turns ivory color, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream — the mixture will seize up, but keep stirring — then the milk. One cup should get you the consistency you want, which is a thin gravy. Bring this to the steaming point or a very low simmer, but don't let it boil. Stir well.
Mix in the Never Not Eating Sumac S&P and parsley.
Adapted from https://honest-food.net/parsley-sauce-recipe/
Leave a comment