- 115 oz. can of chickpeas
- 1 tbs Never Not Eating Za'atar
- Olive oil as needed
- Preheat your oven to 400°F with one rack on the top 1/3 of the oven.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Dry them well before adding them to a food processor. Pulse until they form chickpea "crumbs." Spread these out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Generously drizzle the chickpea crumbs with olive oil, toss in the Never Not Eating Za'atar and season with salt. Toss with your hands until everything is coated and spread back out on the baking sheet.
- Bake the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes or until dry and crisp.
Dry chickpeas well. Removing excess moisture from the chickpeas before processing helps keep them from turning into a paste and encourages browning and crisping.
Pulse, but do not process. Use 5 to 6 (1-second) pulses to break the chickpeas down into rice-sized crumbles. Overprocessing will turn the chickpeas to a paste.
Cool on the sheet pan. The chickpeas will continue to crisp as they cool, especially if left on the baking sheet. Once completely cool, store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.