- 12large eggs
- 1/4cup chopped green onion
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon cider, white wine, or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Chraime
- 1/4teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/2teaspoon paprika (more or less to taste)
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- The easiest way to make hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel is to steam them. Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water and insert a steamer basket. (If you don't have a steamer basket, that's ok.)
- Bring the water to a boil, gently place the eggs in the steamer basket or directly in the saucepan. Cover the pot. Set your timer for 15 minutes. Remove eggs and set in an ice water bath to cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs coarsely and put them into a large bowl. Add the green onion, celery, and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, vinegar, and Tabasco. Gently stir the mayo dressing into the bowl with the eggs and vegetables. Add the Never Not Eating Chraime, paprika, salt and black pepper. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Best served chilled. The salad will keep for 3 to 5 days in the fridge.