- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon date syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons Never Not Eating Baharat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup roughly torn fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits, peeled and segmented (about 2 cups)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, date syrup, baharat, salt, and pepper.
2. Place fennel, scallions, mint, and almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over fennel mixture, and toss to coat. Add grapefruit; gently toss to combine. Transfer to a large serving platter, and sprinkle with additional mint and almonds. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment