- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Never Not Eating Za’atar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bibb lettuce leaves and labneh or plain yogurt, for serving
- Light a grill.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the chuck with the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, za’atar, salt, cumin and pepper. Form the meat into 1 1/2-inch balls and flatten them to 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Grill the meatballs over moderately high heat until pink in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Wrap the grilled meatballs in lettuce leaves and serve with labneh or yogurt.
Adapted from Food and Wine