- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large pasteurized egg yolk
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil canola or vegetable work well too
- 1-2 tablespoons Never Not Eating Chraime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Never Not Eating Sumac S&P
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small white onion small diced
- 3/4 cup Never Not Eating Za’atar
- To make aioli, whisk together Dijon mustard, egg yolk, Never Not Eating Chraime and lemon juice together in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, starting with just a few drops, while whisking. Keep adding the olive oil until the mixture emulsifies and thickens. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and nothing drips out once it is ready! Reserve for assembling burgers.
- Combine ground beef, onion, and Never Not Eating Za’atar together until mixed. Don’t over mix. Form into four to six large patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Put the burgers on a lightly oiled pre-heated grill over medium heat or grill pan and grill for about 5 minutes per side until cooked to desired doneness and has an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- To assemble, put burgers on the bottom side of a bun and top with aioli. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion or desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!