- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups dried dates
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) Never Not Eating Za’atar
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken legs, skin-on, or a whole chicken.
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread apricots and dates into a 9×13-inch dish.
- In a bowl, combine za’atar and olive oil to create a paste. Rub the za’atar paste over chicken; place chicken on dried fruit. Pour stock/wine around the chicken; season with salt.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover the pan. Drizzle the chicken with honey. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 30-45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the pan juices.