- 6 cups highest fat yogurt, preferably sheep
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Olive oil
- Your choice of Never Not Eating blends for garnish
- Mix the yogurt and salt and place in 4 layers of cheese cloth, and tie the corners together.
- Hang the yogurt over the sink or a bowl and let drain for 24 hours.
- Chill for 12 hours, or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a jar and top with olive oil, seal well.
- Serving suggestion: sprinkle any of your favourite Never Not Eating spice blends over top and serve with pita. Our favourite pairings are Chraime, Baharat, Sumac S&P or Za’atar.
- Optional: If you want to make labneh balls roll the labneh into 1-inch balls, roll in Never Not Eating Za’atar or Sumac S&P and cover with olive oil. These do not need to be refrigerated, as the oil will keep them from spoiling.