- ½ cup plain whole-milk strained Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, grated (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb
- ¾ cup finely chopped toasted pine nuts (from 1 cup pine nuts) (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons Never Not Eating 7 Spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated (about 1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
Make the sauce:
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl until combined; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F).
- Place lamb in a large bowl. Add pine nuts, za'atar, salt, garlic, and pepper; mix with your hands until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into 8 (31/2-ounce) portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Arrange patties on oiled grates; grill, covered, until well marked and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of meat registers 125°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing patties evenly with pomegranate molasses during final 1 to 2 minutes of grill time.
- Transfer cooked patties to a large platter and serve immediately.