- 3 cups long grain (basmati or other) rice, rinsed until the water runs clear
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup each parsley, dill and cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Never Not Eating Lebanese 7 Spice or Baharat
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil and sauté the onion until golden, and then add the herbs and spices then cover with 4 ½ cups of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add the rice and cook over a medium heat until the liquid has been absorbed. Stir well with a fork.
- Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes on medium low.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let rest for 10 minutes. You can serve with some additional herbs on top.