- 1½ lb. parsnips, peeled and cut crosswise into 1½-in. pieces
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Never Not Eating Sumac S&P
- ½ cup (2 oz.) crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375ºF.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and add the parsnips. Drizzle over the oil, then add the cumin and salt and toss well to coat. Transfer to the oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until the parsnips are beginning to brown and are tender when pierced with a knife, 15–20 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a large platter.
- In a small bowl, toss together the onion, lemon juice, and your Never Not Eating Sumac S&P, and spread on top of the parsnips. Top with crumbled feta. Add more lemon juice as needed. Sprinkle parsley to garnish.
Leave a comment