- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced (optional)
- 4 large tomatoes, diced (you can also peel the tomatoes if you want a finer texture to the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Never Not Eating Chraime Fish Spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Never Not Eating Za'atar for garnish
Other optional add ins: cooked sausage, fried salami, corn, eggplant, hot peppers, spinach, chickpeas, feta, mozzarella
- Head the oil in a deep skillet and your garlic until soft.
- If you are using onion and pepper, add and cook until soft.
- Add your tomatoes and seasonings and reduce to medium low heat, cooking for 10-15 minutes partially covered. You want to thicken the sauce.
- Add your tomato paste and cover, simmering on low for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust your seasoning.
- Now you want to make holes in the sauce for your eggs, which you carefully break and add to your sauce. Make sure your heat is as low as possible, and partially cover to cook the whites of the eggs.
- Garnish with za'atar
- Serve with crusty bread or pita.