- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, Yukon Gold or similar, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head of garlic, roasted and cloves removed and mashed with a fork
- ¾ cup tahini
- ¾ to 1 cup ice water
- ¼ cup Never Not Eating Sumac S&P
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover them by 1-2 inches.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 tsp salt, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking pour the tahini in a medium bowl and add the garlic, salt, and then add in the ice water, 1/4 cup at a time, whisking very well after each addition.
- Add the sumac, whisk well to combine, and taste for seasoning.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and mash them slightly, then add the tahini sauce and mash until desired consistency.
- Add sesame seeds, and stir well, adjust seasoning and serve.
Leave a comment