- 1 whole chicken (note: you can also use a cut-up chicken)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 4 garlic cloves, left whole with skin on
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Never Not Eating Za’atar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of Never Not Eating Chraime
- Olive oil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut whole chicken down the middle of breasts and flatten slightly. Place on top of foil lined sheet pan.
- Cover chicken with 1 1/2 Tbsp Za’atar, making sure to cover skin, under skin and the underneath side. Places 2-3 slices of lemon underneath chicken skin. If you don’t feel comfortable placing lemon inside the chicken skin, just place on top. Place remaining lemon and 1 garlic clove underneath chicken.
- Spread cauliflower all over the sheet pan and top with remaining 1 Tbsp Za’atar and garlic cloves. Drizzle the chicken and cauliflower with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss/rub to coat completely.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and turn cauliflower, which will have shrunk in size slightly. Move cauliflower over to make room for chickpeas.
- Spread chickpeas on pan and drizzle with a touch more olive oil, and pinch of salt and Chraime.
- Place back into oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is crispy and golden and the cauliflower is caramelized to your liking. Serve immediately.